Sunday, April 13, 2014

A Birthday Abroad

Yesterday I rang in my new year! The legal drinking age in Scotland as with most parts of the world is eighteen, so turning 21 doesn't come with any new privileges. But that does not mean that 21 shouldn't be celebrated!

We headed to our usual stomping grounds in the cellar at Aikman's on Friday night and at the stroke of midnight I got a chorus of "Happy Birthday to You" from half the pub. We've become quite the regulars at Aikman's and have gotten to know some of the barmen and within five minutes of being sung too, Malcolm the bartender brought down a piece of chocolate cake and candle for me. 

It started to melt so my friend Hunter had to prop up the candle
It was a wonderful birthday, although I did miss all my friends and family back home. But I certainly felt loved!

My parents had cupcakes delivered


Some of the cards I received
My flatmates took me out on Saturday night and made sure I another fun night out. Apparently I was quite quotable. Despite being in a new place, my new friends ensured I had a wonderful birthday! 




No comments:

Post a Comment