Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Shorts in Scotland

It was absolutely gorgeous out on Friday. It was beautiful the entire weekend actually, but Friday was particularly lovely. The sun was out all day and I could not have been more ecstatic about that. One of my classmates showed up to our tutorial on Friday morning in a pair of shorts and professor took one look at him and said, "It's still too cold for shorts." To which he replied "Not if you're Scottish!"

Looking West on West Sands Friday afternoon
The sun put a smile on my face immediately, I almost overheated on the walk back from class to my dorms so I decided to swap my jeans and wooly jumper for shorts. Now as a child of Southern California, I'm quite used to shorts year round, but that is only if the weather has reached the minimum of 65ºF. Any degree below that and I would be in jeans and sweatshirt. But feeling bold and accustomed to the Scottish weather, I donned the only pair of shorts I brought to Scotland at the breezy temperature of 50ºF. Braving this weather in shorts is not for the faint of heart, but somehow I managed it. Although no pictures exist for I fear my pale skin would frighten my kind readers, although it fits in perfectly here in Scotland!

Looking East on West Sands, you can see the town in the background and if you look closely you can spot a view paddle boarders and swimmers braving the North Sea


Finally was able to snap a nice shot of my apartment complex here

No comments:

Post a Comment