Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Springtime In St Andrews

Being from Southern California I am used to different seasons, I grew up with it either being Summer or Almost Summer. Any complaining about the weather (and I admit there was quite a lot) stemmed from either not having air conditioning or not owning a raincoat on the handful of days in the year that it drizzled. St Andrews has given me a new appreciation for the weather. The Scots aren't joking when they talk about four seasons in a day. I've seen it go from rain to sun to hail in less than four hours and back again. You can never be too certain that it won't rain. I now own wellies (rain boots) and a rain coat. 

However, it finally seems like we're leaving cold weather behind (fingers crossed), and headed towards Summer. The flowers are in bloom and we've been seen considerably more sunlight than I have in months. The sunrises now at 6am and doesn't set until after 8 in the evening, and the days are only getting longer. And Scotland does Spring well.

Looking across The Old Course at sunset

St Salvadors Quad in bloom

Evening on the Scores

Peeking across at the library

No comments:

Post a Comment