Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Day Trip to Tenstmuir Forest

With the sun still shining on Saturday morning, Aubree, Drew, Jack, and I boarded a bus to nearby Tayport, to go for a walk int Tentsmuir Forest. The Forest runs right up to the edge of the water and it was an important feature of defense during the First World War. 

Tentsmuir Forest

The large stones on the beach prevented aircraft from landing during World War I
Forever unprepared, I thought wearing a pair of Keds was an excellent choice for a walk through the woods. Naturally, I was mistaken. The shoes were just fine until we decided to walk out on the expanse of beach at low tide. Covered in mud and soaking out I eventually carried out the rest of the walk into town barefoot. Perhaps, I should invest in a pair of hiking boots.

We found a suitable place for a midmorning nap and even encountered a few canine friends
Despite a ruined pair of shoes, it was all in all a great way to spend a beautiful Saturday morning! 

Drew, Jack, and I out on the beach
 



No comments:

Post a Comment